You are here >Forum

Minimize

South African Worldwide Friendship Forum

Home  | Arcade  | Active Topics  | Search Forum
You are logged on as
CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/)
Show the shout box
Share Options.. Share this page with others on:
Welcome to the #1 'Come Dine With Me South Africa Recipe' source according to Google.
Our Forum is filled with a world of information on Come Dine with me, including Season 2 & MasterChef, and We'd love it if you'd join us! You will find info on Contestant's, Recipes and even a few Spoilers. We'd appreciate if you could join us and share you views on the shows too.
Membership is absolutely 100% free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community today!! (Valid email required)
BTW. this message disappears once you've Logged in!
>South African Worldwide Friendship Forum >Sports & Entertainment >MasterChef - Come Dine With Me - Local Competitions >

Where are the MasterChef S.A. Recipe's ??

This Topic Is locked    Page  of 1    

Gremlin SA Submitted on the 2012/11/25 20:47:05
Community Ranking : Friendship God : 10001000100010001000100010001000
Total count : 1744

People Looking for the Masterchef South Africa recipes will have noticed that suddenly they are no longer available anywhere.. Well we have the story, and more..

The recipe's used to be on the DSTV masterchef SA site have all been removed, However there are still a few pages with links to these now non existent recipe pages.

Lets start at Sue Ann's profile page on masterchefsa.dstv.com

and if you click on any one of the 4 remaining recipes.

Next lets look at the MasterChef S.A. winner - Deena's Profile page.

and click on one of the 4 recipes listed..

Of course that meant that the only source for the masterchef S.A. recipes has been GremlinSA.. well this site.. And we spent allot of time to make sure we got them right, Dbl checked them all, Fixed spelling, typo's, irregular qty's and several other errors. also we put together a nice catalog so that you could find anything from one page...

Last week i recived the following mail from a senior representative of M-Net
quote:

Dear ##########

The above URL refers.

If you are the owner/manager of the website listed above, it has come to our attention that you have posted contestant recipes from MasterChef SA I. Please could you forward all the written correspondence permitting the posting of these recipes from both m-Net and Shine International, as we have no record of granting such permission to your site
Okay, So we don't have Direct permission to post these recipes on our site, However as we've all seen before, information like this has a habit of disappearing, which is has this time, and as such my return reply was:
quote:
Hi ####..

We do not have any correspondence from M-net or shine for the recipes as posted on the site. We were directed to the recipes by a member of the site, and started re-posting them, for open discussion by our members.

One of the reasons they were posted on our site is that all too often the recipes are pulled down from the original site, As has now happened with Masterchef SA season 1 recipes, and some of our members like to refer back to them, from time to time.

If there is an issue with the recipes been made publicly available, I am able to reduce the visibility of the recipes, so that the General Public do not get to see them...

Kind Regards

Webmaster
www.gremlinsa.co.za
and mere minutes later i received the following reply.
quote:
Dear ########

The recipes are the property of Shine International the format rights holder of MasterChef internationally, and therefore cannot be used/posted without permission. Please remove all MasterChef content from your site immediately. Should your readers want to get the recipes, I suggest they purchase the official MasterChef SA cookbook, which will be launched on 4 Dec

Kind regards
And as such we had to move the recipe's, running the site at our own cost, we cannot afford any Legal actions against us.

So if you want the recipes now, while they were available 'FREE' to anyone with internet, you now have to fork out around R350 for 'MasterChef South Africa – The Cookbook'

So if you really want the book, sure, go out and buy it, however if you cant quite afford it, or not prepared to pay that amount for it, there is another option..

Register with this site and leave me(GremlinSA) a message in the members only request area, I will then send you a PM with how to access the recipes. Unfortunately this is the only method to find the Masterchef South Africa Recipe's for free..

What ever is eating at you, Must be suffering horribly.

Post last Edited by Gremlin SA on 2013/05/23 20:45:29
Unity Submitted on the 2012/11/26 07:48:05
Community Ranking : Friendship God : 1000100010001000100010001000
Total count : 9326

How sad, that after it has been allowed to be view by so many people for so many months. To simply remove them. Then to make a profit out of this is so typical SA...
But Gremmy I am sure that the many people that have been reading our site or DSTV site for that matter, have already also got most the recipes.
Not wishing the book any bad vibes, but I am sure it is gunna belly flop.

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.

Gremlin SA Submitted on the 2012/11/26 10:49:52

Not knocking the book, as it has a hell of allot more than just the recipes, According to M-Net it includes behind the scenes details, Cheffy secrets, and even step by step instruction on how to fillet meat, chicken or fish..

Also i'd like to put out a request to all our members and visitor's.. If you do purchase the book to please write a review of it for us.. Contact me via the Request area for more details on posting the book review on our site...

SweetD Submitted on the 2014/01/07 12:37:37
Community Ranking : Unknown : 0
Total count : 1

I'm looking for the lemon meringue gateau recipe. Do you have that one? Chef kelvin. Season 2
Gremlin SA Submitted on the 2014/01/10 08:50:04

Hi SweetD .. yes we do have that one... Check out this thread (post #12) for information on that recipe...

This Topic Is locked    Page  of 1    
Previous TopicNext Topic

Friendship Visits

Minimize
:Start:18:32:593 2x sql:18:32:593 Bot check:18:32:703 count done:18:32:703 Done:18:32:750